• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello, Indesign cs6 mac Sierra started crashing on export to anything: pdf, jpeg, etc

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Indesign cs6 mac Sierra started crashing on export to anything: pdf, jpeg, etc.

Previously it was working fine, just had got a bit sluggish lately, so a couple of times I rebooted InD on startup, which helped only for a while, and then it gets a bit slow again.

I work mainly on bookcovers, books, flyers, etc.

I have checked image names, making sure they have no spaces & so on.

I have exported the file as idml, it didn't work.

It is crashing when I try to export any file I open now...

Can anyone help me understand the crash report, and tell me how to go about fixing the problem/problems?

Thank you,

Ophelia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

CS6 won't work for most people under Sierra. It was never tested with that operating system and, since it's considered end-of-life, it will never be fixed. You best bet is to upgrade to InDesign CC by getting a subscription. Or else you should roll back to an earlier operating system if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 won't work for most people under Sierra. It was never tested with that operating system and, since it's considered end-of-life, it will never be fixed. You best bet is to upgrade to InDesign CC by getting a subscription. Or else you should roll back to an earlier operating system if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes I have read that...

I was hoping that maybe I could stall a little longer.

I have also read that some people are having Sierra compatibility with CC also?

I suppose I'll try one last thing, check the compatibility of my fonts? I have added quite a few in the last couple of months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this new concise guide:

Adobe InDesign CC 2017: troubleshooting how-to guide

It explains what to do when InDesign is crashing on export or print. Much of its advice is applicable to past versions.

Like (0) • Helpful • CommentActions

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines