Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe on a Windows 2016 Server

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having massive issues with installing Adobe Flash 24.0 my Windows 2016 Server and I am getting conflicting information. I also can't see Flash in the Managed App in the Toolbar and Extensions. Even with following the steps documented on the website I am unable to get flash to install and a number of programs require it.

When running the exe install of Flash is states that it has been installed yet on the website it says it has not additional as mentioned it doesn't appear in the Managed Apps.

Adobe Flash Screenshot.png

Adobe Flash Website.png

Managed Apps.png

Any help would be appricated as since this as switched from the exe to the intergrated way its been a pain!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Hi,

As of Windows 8 Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, including Windows Server 2016, as such, the standalone installer (exe or msi) do not run on the platforms that embed Flash Player.   Flash Player is present on the system, but it is not enabled.

I found the following Microsoft technet blogs that may provide assistance.

Furthe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As of Windows 8 Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, including Windows Server 2016, as such, the standalone installer (exe or msi) do not run on the platforms that embed Flash Player.   Flash Player is present on the system, but it is not enabled.

I found the following Microsoft technet blogs that may provide assistance.

Further queries on this issue, including assistance to enable/activate Flash Player, should be directed to Microsoft, not Adobe.  Adobe provides Microsoft with the files and they embed them and control how it's enabled/disabled on a system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you very much for the help - the answer was in enabling remote desktop services. Though this seems like something that you should raise with Microsoft to improve. Also improving the step by step on your own website as this isn't mentioned at all.

Whilst I get that you pass the files to Microsoft for them to embed, at the end of the day this is still your product so would expect help to be driven from both sides.

Thank you again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  While we do provide Microsoft with the ActiveX Control files for Windows 8 and above, and they are included in the Server platforms, Flash Player isn't officially supported on the Server platforms.  Meaning, we don't develop for the Server platforms, nor test on them. Discussion was had about adding comments on how to enable Flash Player on the Server platform to our documentation, but was ultimately decided not to do so since Flash Player is not supported on the Server platforms.  To view the supported platforms, see Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines