• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE resizing on "save frame as photshop layers"

Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used to import high res .png images into after effects, put them in a compostion and do a "save frame as photoshop layers" to continue my compositing.

However, on the last version of After effects the created .psd file is automatically resized to 50% (it is half the original pixel resolution), and I don't see any option to prevent that.

Is this intentional, or is it a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

The viewport is set at 100%, good. What is the resolution set at? Full? Half? Quarter?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This function uses the comp resolution - like it always has - so make sure you are actually at 100%.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I already checked that, composition is 3000*4961 as it should be, viewport is set at 100%, but the created .psd file is still half the size. Also, there is no guides created, as it normally does.

Edit : I asked my colleague to do the same thing, it works fine for him. So it is only me. We have the same working computer, same version of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The viewport is set at 100%, good. What is the resolution set at? Full? Half? Quarter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've won an internet point, mister. The resolution was "(full)", because it was set in auto, and in 100% that means full. That was what made the program save that file at half resolution, for whatever reason.

I specified "full" and it worked indeed like it should.

I don't know if it's still supposed to be a bug then, but at least the problem is solved. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray! Glad we could find it.

What, exact, version number of AE are you using? Because "(Full)" should be the same as "Full". I recall there being some fixes regarding resolution issues like this in a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is AE 2017.1, v14.1.0.57. I think it is up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right; that is up to date. I'd recommend filing a bug report on this one . It's probably a relative of the other resolution bug that got fixed recently, but what do I know? I'm just a bear who bites heads off of fish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I just did that.

What you describe there is un-bear-able, poor fish!

Farewell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Farewell

(And f anyone gets that bear reference, I'll be impressed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines