• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign cashes every time I update a linked Illustrator or Photoshop file

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm running a Mac Pro with El Capitan 10.11.6. I have 24GB of ram installed and my main scratch disc has 1.2TB of available space. I don't have any issues with running speeds. I am running the latest versions of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.

Whilst these 3 apps are running I usually also have Firefox open, the latest version of Suitcase Fusion and the latest version of Macmail.

If I edit a linked Illustrator or Photoshop file, then return to InDesign and allow it to update (by clicking the yellow triangle sign) InDesign updates the linked image and promptly crashes. It does this every time and has been doing it for a while now. It also happened to me when running the previous version of InDesign.

I have submitted numerous crash reports but have had no response. I'd rather not update the OS to Sierra as I had endless problems with Yosemite and El Capitan seems stable.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've Googled the issue many times but cannot find any answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you running? It could happen if you're using InDesign CS6 or earlier because they are unsupported in that operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, I'm running InDesignCC 2017 Build 12.0.0.81. Likewise I'm running Illustrator CC 2017 Build 21.0.2 and Photoshop CC 2017 2017.0.1

The only additional plugin I have for InDesign is the Suitcase autoactivation, but I can't see why that would interfere with linked images and vectors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

I renamed the following:   users/.../library/caches/Adobe InDesign/Version 12/InDesign SavedData

and also the

users/.../library/preferencesAdobe InDesign/Version 12/InDesign Defaults

Opened the software again and it  worked perfectly - marvellous!

Then on the fifth or sixth linked file update the crashing started again.

Is there anything else I should be replacing?

Many thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines