• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make image in Master Page layer not selectable after export to PDF?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is a digital article that includes hyperlinked text and hyperlinked images. On a Master Page, I've placed an image in Overlay mode above a rectangle which provides the background color to the page.

After exporting to PDF, I find that it's possible to highlight and select the image in the background layer - if you mouse around the image, at certain locations the cursor changes and clicking will highlight the image. Any way to disable that or do I have to bake in the image in Photoshop? It would only be that image that is rendered not selectable.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What PDF reader are you using? What tool are you using to select the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I'm using Adobe Reader X, ver. 10.1.16.13, and no tool selected. Open the PDF document. Using the mouse over blank areas, the cursor is the arrow icon, over text, it changes to the text entry icon. If I move the mouse over the image, in some areas, the cursor will change to a crosshair, and if I click then, the image may be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat, you can add a background image or color to all or individual pages that should not interfere with cursor clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeffrey,

While that works, I'd like to keep all the workflow within inDesign. If I were to use another program, I'd recreate the background in Photoshop, i.e. flatten the two layers and make it a single image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines