• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting files from Publish Online dashboard doesn't work

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published two documents and can see them in my dashboard. But deleting them does not work. When I click on the trash bin symbol nothing happens. I tried different browsers (ad blockers are disabled, Flash is enabled).

Is there something I can do, or should I just forget about the publish online feature?

Thanks for your help.

InDesign CC 2017

Sierra 10.12.3

Firefox 51.0.1 / Safari 10.0.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

No. I thought Steve's ideas were going to work after you said you already tried switching browsers.

You can file a bug report here:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start with the workflow:

File > Publish Online Dashboard

The top black bar shows Publications on the left and that you are signed in on the right?

Finderss_001.png

Hover over one of the listed files and click the trash can

Google Chromess_004.png

And confirm?

Google Chromess_003.png

If you did all of that and the file is still listed, what happens if you refresh your browser window? Or try this in a different browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the trash symbol then on on "delete". There is no reaction. The screen doesn't change.

I tried Safari and Firefox and refreshed the page several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems here.

You might try rebooting your computer. Also, try signing out from you Adobe ID in the CC desktop app, then signing in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These were the first things I tried. Rebooting the computer and signing out and back in.

Any other ideas what could cause the non-responsiveness of the "delete screen"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I thought Steve's ideas were going to work after you said you already tried switching browsers.

You can file a bug report here:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barb, but I cannot see how filing a bug report that will never be answered is going to help.

I have worked with CC 2017 on three different macs in two different browsers and Publish Online doesn't work on any of the computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, will refusing to use the bug report system work better for you? This is the strangest idea I have seen in a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you think that I didn't use it? (I did of course. They didn't come up with an answer though.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug report system online appears to be one way. No reply but it might get fixed. A better chance than not reporting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Test+Screen+Name  schrieb

The bug report system online appears to be one way. No reply but it might get fixed. A better chance than not reporting it.

Maybe. But I'm not very optimistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-21 um 11.27.37.JPG

Problem still not solved. The non-responsive window is locking my dashboard forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't get replies from bug reports. But there are always many more bugs than there is engineering time to fix them all so they must be prioritized. (It's not just InDesign, it's this way with every large application that's been around for many years.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew that filing a bug report doesn't result in a helpful response. I was merely reacting to the stupid comment of "Test Screen Name". I just filed a report to improve changes for other users having the same problems in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering when this problem is going to be fixed. I can't delete any files from the dashboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, since this started as an older post, did you try a different browser, and did you try loggin out, then logging back in your Creative Cloud account? These are important first steps.

Also, can you get any response from the Dashboard, e.g., analytics or embed code?

Finally, are the files in your Dashboard very old? I wonder if so you might try publishing a test file and see if you can delete that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would not work in Firefox. I tried rebooting. Refreshing the browser did not work. Clicking on the analytics worked but not the trashcan. Had to use MS Internet Explorer to finally make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines