• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

current project dissapearing

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have started a few projects and gone away and aved them as a project but then when i get back on to the software, it looks as if the files have been corrupted and none of my previous auto saves will recover the project, this time it has one it mid project just disappeared and i have no ides what to do about it, any help out there????

when i find the projcet to open (through adobe) it says this type of file is no supported or the codec is not installed.

if i do manage to open the document all of the clips have got red background and all different languages saying media offline?

please help there is no point in me having adobe if it does this to all of my projects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right that there is no point in using anything that doesn't work.    Yet, huge numbers of people from around the world run Premiere Elements reliably every day.  Maybe I can help get it straightened out.

I'm having trouble understanding your description of the problem.

What version of Premier Elements are you using?

What is the source of your clips?

What sort of computer are you using?

How much RAM memory does it have?

How much space on your HDD?

Did you go away and leave your computer or did the project go away?

Where are the source video files?

How are you starting the projects?

How are you saving the projects?

What does "finding the project through adobe" mean?

What exactly does it say when it tells you the codec is missing?

Have you been successful with any other video projects?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague thank you for your reply I appreciate that this system is used a lot around the world was wondering if it was a common problem by that statement

What version of Premier Elements are you using?     I'm using elements 15

What is the source of your clips?      the clips are mp4 files recorded on my gopro

What sort of computer are you using?      I have a dell xps 15 9560

How much RAM memory does it have?      it has 16gb of ram (ddr4) and 4gb of vram

How much space on your HDD?           186 gb of free space on my SSD

Did you go away and leave your computer or did the project go away?      no I was just looking over at the tv then I looked back and it was all messes up maybe 5 mins max

Where are the source video files?      all of the media is saved directly on the computers SSD

How are you starting the projects?      I am going into adobe premiere and adding media through the software

How are you saving the projects?      I am using the save as section to name the projects then they auto-save throughout my editing and then I save it before I close the project

What does "finding the project through adobe" mean?      as in you can go through you file explorer find the adobe project file and clock it or open the app and click open project,  I imagine it shouldn't make much of a difference but thought I would specify

What exactly does it say when it tells you the codec is missing?      it says "this type of file is no supported or the codec is not installed"

Have you been successful with any other video projects?      I have created one video project that has worked but I believe this is because I sat and worked it from start to finish its ended up being a 2 minute clip and I rendered the file before I closed the programme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All looks good except the gopro part!

I don't have a gopro.  My understanding is that gopro footage has a variable frame rate and does not do well with various NLEs, including Premier Elements. 

A quick google search lead to a gopro website explaination:

https://gopro.com/how-to-prepare-source-video-files-for-editing-windows-pc/

Hope this helps with your projects.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the heads up, that's going to be a nightmare if I have to do that to all of my clips but if it stops this happening then that would be worth it, do you know if I would get the same issue from mobile phone videos such as the Samsung galaxy s7? because I have ha the same issue with footage from there?

I really appreciate your response though.

dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines