Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD for Windows 10 with layers?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would need to know if is planned for this year to add the possibility to have layers as the Mac version has.

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

You can track the feature request on this page. [Windows] Layers panel – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t work for Adobe, but I´m sure the layers function for Windows 10 will be added in one of the next few updates.

Rather than later on in the year.

It´s a key function for me, so hopefully in the March update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can track the feature request on this page. [Windows] Layers panel – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe is messing with us... Although XD doesn't officially support layers in Win 10... The functionality is seemingly enabled but there's no way to control it.

If you look at the screen shot of my project, when I select all objects on the page - most are highlighted in Blue (suggesting that they are all on the same layer) except for one text box that's highlighted in green, doesn't this show that there are layers? Why are they releasing half-a$$ed functionality? I understand it's a beta but don't tease me like this. This is one of those times that I miss Macromedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I think you're talking about symbols. If your file was created on a Mac and has a symbol, we'll display that symbol to you when you open it on Windows so that you don't lose data. We're definitely working on bringing layers to you ASAP!

We're working constantly on bringing new features to you, but we also have to make sure that things like cross-compatibility still work. So you'll see some things that don't seem as polished as we make sure that we don't do worse things (like lose data).

BTW, we do have a number of former Macromedians working on the XD team (including myself), so I think you're in good hands.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good news then!

You have here 15 Design Members of my office counting the hours for this feature release!

Thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines