• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPU drops to 1-2% usage while rendering in Premiere Pro CC 2017

Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got my 6850K overclock stable will realbench, Prime95 etc on 4.4 GHz.

I am only doing video editing and motion design in After Effects. All pretty heavy CPU processes. I never had a problem editing my projects so far until I rendered a major project with Premiere Pro CC 2017. After 30% rendering of my project my CPU drops down to 1-2% CPU usage but keeps the rendering running which ofc will then take ages.

I am now wondering if that's a sign of instability or software related since Adobe CC is very buggy.

I seemed to have fixed it when putting AVX offet to 1. Watching the cpu usage while rendering I can see that i occassionally drops down to 4,3 Ghz. Would raising the core voltage be the only why to get it stable if that failure would be overclocking related?

Any advises? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if cpu usage was around 10-20% it might be something in premiere causing it to only use one of your cpu cores, but your 1-2% is very extreme. perhaps with your finding of changing the avx offset it might be the overclock. what are the cpu temps? it might be thermal throttling or an unstable overclock. avx pushes the cpu differently than normal cpu workloads, that is why the avx offset is there and why an otherwise stable overclock will fail in avx programs like premiere. if temps are ok, then i would probably stick with the avx offset and/or lower max overclock if that makes premiere run normal. i wouldn't push the broadwell-e very hard as intel has seen increasing problems with their manufacturing and failure rates have been rising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply.

I don't think temps are a problem. I render in AME with 55 degree. Even stress tests barely hit 60-65.

I have also been told to check my VRM. It needs good cooling when your system is overclocked. Haven't really check temps there.

I wonder about your commend on Broadwell-E. So far I am very happy. I also think that 4,4 GHz isn't pushing it to far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might have seen alot of skylake at 4.6ghz, or kaby lake at 5ghz, or haswell-e at 4.4ghz, but broadwell-e typically doesn't overclock very well past 4.2ghz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your memory usage/availability

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got 64 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 at 2.800 MHz. They were at 50% usage. My oc stopped me from going any higher then 2.800 MHz, but let me bring down the timings to 14/15/15:35 I think. Not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alexander Eberhard​

Hi Alexander, can you say what was the outcome on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines