• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom activation problem

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i bought and installed lightroom app on my mac many years ago and used it till it died. When i tried to activate the app, the system keeps saying the serial number is invalid. I followed the steps to deactivate lightroom on my mac from my new computer but I could not find the device under my account. I still have the dvd and the serial number, but there is no dvd driver on my new computer. So what should i do now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Sorry. Since you said your old computer was a Mac I just assumed.

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no deactivation process for Lightroom 5. You can download Lightroom 5.7.1 From the following website:

Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1

Are you sure you have the right serial number? Was Lightroom 5 your first version, or was it purchased as an upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea. the serial number is on a piece of paper that was in the dvd case. I tried at least 5 times and triple checked each time. it was my first version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT POST YOUR SERIAL NUMBER! However, are the first four numbers 1160?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then if it is a valid Lightroom 5 serial number, and you have entered it correctly, it should activate the program. They are all numeric characters. There are no alpha characters in a Lightroom serial number. I don't know what else to tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link you provided is for mac, but my computer is windows 10. Do you have the download link to windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Since you said your old computer was a Mac I just assumed.

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for your help and reply. I finally figured out what caused all the problem. I downloaded the lightroom app from adobe without realizing it is the newest lightroom 6 that was installed on my computer. My lightroom is version 5 so of course the serial number is not valid on the version 6 app. Then I downloaded the app from the link you sent me and was successful at installing it, but every time when i tried to open it I got the message that said lightroom catalog cannot be opened because it is too new. After doing some digging on the internet, it seemed that message kept popping up because i have both versions installed on my computer. So I uninstalled everything and re-installed only the lightroom 5 version and I finally got it working.

Thanks Jim. You have been really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines