• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask is not previewing with black Background in View Mode doesn't seem to work

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Ive been using Photoshop for 17years and used to using the Refine edge tool, however upgraded from CS3 to CC recently and I am lost!

After starting with a coloured image, with rough and blurred edges on a white Background, then making a quick selection on it and clicking Select and Mask... the selection doesn't show up. I cannot see any marching ants, no way of knowing what is actually selected. Changing views only looks like a filter over the WHOLE image and doesnt exclude the parts I was to extract.

I do not have "Show Edge" checked and tried to change transparency without success.

Once I click ok, no changes are made at all.

I have a client job due yesterday and I am stressed out to the max so any help would be much appreciated. My machine is a desktop 3.2 GHz Mac, 2016 version. Running CC graphics suite. Running El Capitan 10.11.6

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Uncheck "show edge" and move the transparency slider to 100%. You won't see marching ants, but only the portion of the image within the selection. The transparency slider will determine how much outside of the selection is shown.

You might find this video helpful:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uncheck "show edge" and move the transparency slider to 100%. You won't see marching ants, but only the portion of the image within the selection. The transparency slider will determine how much outside of the selection is shown.

You might find this video helpful:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines