• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC wont run, direct download of PS CC fails.

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I purchased a Photoshop CC subscription months ago but I had issues installing the CC app. It would hang during installation and would never get to the log in screen. I have since gone back and tried to troubleshoot, I've spent about three hours searching these forums, trying the same methods recommended by Adobe over and over again, I've used the CC cleaning and uninstall tool, but something has fundamentally broken to the point where CC doesn't appear to have fully uninstalled ever. When I reboot my PC it attempts to load itself and gives me the same error message I receive when I've tried fresh re-installing "Adobe creative cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However it is missing or damaged. please download and install a new copy of the creative cloud from [adobe website link]"

I have tried downloading photoshop from Adobe's direct download link, but upon completion of installation it gives me this error "Adobe application manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged."

I've downloaded AAM and used it multiple times, it has not changed anything. I've gone through multiple fix processes found on these forums, none have changed anything. I'm severely disappointment and completely out of ideas. I really need a working updated Photoshop for school purposes. If anyone has any suggestions beyond "uninstall, then run the cleaner" I'd greatly appreciate them.

I'm running Windows 7.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Hi PrettyFlyForAShyGuy,

My apologies for the inconvenience caused. I would suggest you to check your machine's compatibility with CC 2017 version apps.

Photoshop system requirements

System requirements | Adobe Creative Cloud

If this is fine then please check if your Adobe folders have complete Read and Write permissions.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

C:\ProgramData\Adobe

Also make sure that there is no Adobe entries in host file. If there are any Adobe entries then delete them.

You will f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PrettyFlyForAShyGuy,

I understand that you are facing issues with your Adobe apps installation.

As you mentioned above, the error "Adobe creative cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However it is missing or damaged. please download and install a new copy of the creative cloud from [adobe website link]" . Please try the links below.

Adobe application manager missing or damaged Problem Student Editon of Creative Cloud

'Creative Cloud is missing or damaged'

Please let me know if this works or if any further assistance is required. Thanks!

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, unfortunately neither of those links helped me at all. I tried the steps/solutions in both of them, I'm still receiving the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PrettyFlyForAShyGuy,

My apologies for the inconvenience caused. I would suggest you to check your machine's compatibility with CC 2017 version apps.

Photoshop system requirements

System requirements | Adobe Creative Cloud

If this is fine then please check if your Adobe folders have complete Read and Write permissions.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

C:\ProgramData\Adobe

Also make sure that there is no Adobe entries in host file. If there are any Adobe entries then delete them.

You will find Host file here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My PC should be compatible.

I have made sure read/write permissions are on both those folder locations, and no Adobe entries appear to be in my host files.

I ran through the uninstaller and cleaner and tried to re-install Creative Cloud. It gave me the same error.

It appears I am unable to completely clean Adobe CC from my machine and I urgently need it working. I'm just about ready to fresh install my entire OS at this point if nothing else works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines