• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open an indesign file

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 64 bit. I am unable to open my work file as the error message states "Cannot open <file name>.indd" . After going through the forums, i found out that the file might be corrupted or a plugin might be missing, in the absence of which the error occurs. Can someone please help me with opening this file. Its very important for my final submission.

Thanks

Amit Angane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Hi,

Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and we will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

-Himanshu Kapoor

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are double clicking on the file. Instead, please start InDesign, then use Open from the File menu.

If it still gives an error please tell us the whole of the error message (or a screen shot but DON'T EMAIL IT please).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to go to  ICapture.PNGnde

sign and open the file as well. It displays the same error. I am attaching a screenshot of the error message below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried saving it as an IDML document, renaming it and then trying to open it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and we will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

-Himanshu Kapoor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to open an InDesign document created with a later version of InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek Cross,

No i am trying to open a 2017 InDesign file in 2017 Version itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one more idea. If it is on a removable disk or network disk, try copying it to your desktop first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines