• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nook Glowlight Error Message 'This book is not activated for current ADE user(s)'

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to borrow books from our local library for use on our nook GlowLight.  The library EPUB eBooks will download onto our desktop computer within Adobe Digital Editions.  We then drag them to our nook, which also has an authorized adobe id.  The books appear to transfer, though the book covers only partially appear.  However, when we try to open the book on the nook, the error message 'This book is not activated for current ADE user(s)' appears.  When the nook is connected to our home computer, the books appear on the nook and can be opened on the computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue on my brand new nook glowlight plus. Spent over an hour with nook tech support and they were unable to help fix this issue. Well I'm a librarian and have to have access to the free book from our overdrive, so I was not going to give up until I got this figured out. And I did! Here was the problem and I hope it will help others out there who are experiencing the same issue. So several months ago I had to update my ADE software and Overdrive indicated that when I authorized this latest version of ADE I would need to choose Overdrive as the ebook vendor and then use my username (email) and password. So when I installed my latest version of ADE I did this again, but that was the problem. I had to unauthorize my ADE software and then reauthorize it but instead of using Overdrive as the ebook vendor I instead just used Adobe as my ebook vendor and then made sure I was using the same ade username & password on the ADE software and the actual glowlight plus. Boom I can now read my overdrive ebooks as well as all the ebooks I download from Netgalley. So I hope this will help everyone else out there who were having the same problem. Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did it!!!! You have to make sure the vendor account is Adobe and not Overdrive. And that when you originally open the Epub file that you do it when you are authorized to the correct vendor...if not, anything you try doing with the file will say something about being utilized/opened by another user. So I had to return my book and try again with another random book I borrowed to test my theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines