• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Tool Black Slider Causes Crash, Lightroom CC (2015.8 Release)

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I've had this problem for quite some time and it usually doesn't cause me too much grief. I also expected that someone by now would have figured out what was going on but I haven't found anything in the forum that would indicate a similar issue...

Within the gradient tool, when using the black slider Lightroom will crash on me immediately. This happens in one of two ways. First, if I've already created a gradient and I try to adjust it with the black slider the program crashes. Or second, before creating a gradient, I can successfully adjust the black slider, but when I try to click and drag a new gradient the program crashes.

Anyone have ideas as to what is causing this? For reference, I'm using the latest available release (see the discussion thread title above). Thanks to anyone who can provide clarity, or even confirm this is happening to them too.

Cheers!

- JFearer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is check if the option to use the GPU is checked. That is on the Performance tab of the LR preferences. Un-check it if it is and test.

Using any of the sliders in the tool does not crash on my system. Win 7 Pro LR CC 2015.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried testing that out. It still crashes when using either the integrated graphics or my NVIDIA GT 640M GPU. And it's only the black slider in the gradient tool. The radial filter and brush sliders (including black) all work. Also, I'm running on Windows 10 Home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on my system too.   OS X 10.11.6 and Lr2015.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jfearer_photo  wrote

I just tried testing that out. It still crashes when using either the integrated graphics or my NVIDIA GT 640M GPU. And it's only the black slider in the gradient tool. The radial filter and brush sliders (including black) all work. Also, I'm running on Windows 10 Home.

I didn't ask you to switch GPUs. I asked you to Uncheck that option and test.

Un-check the GPU option and test if it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did just that. I ran a series of tests. I unchecked that option and still had the same problem. And I tried it with the option checked by using both the integrated graphics and my GPU. All yielded the same result with a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines