• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to do set extension after zooming out from a specific part of a place?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Experts

So grateful to use this platform to extend my knowledge in after effects,

I have been committed to work on a project, below is the requirement of my work

Real Scene:

A drone shot. Starting from inside of a open football stadium the drone just flies out of stadium (like zooming out) revealing a high class city around the stadium while the cam keeps going up.

Requirement:

When the drone flies out of stadium the city around it which is getting revealed should be removed and instead of a high class city, they need something else like a desert for example.

how do I make this possible, i tried few methods to mask out the stadium and place it in-between the dessert and composite it which is perfect, but the original footage which is already zooming out needs to continue zooming out while revealing the desert. Not able to do it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much in advance.

Sincerely

Mahesh 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing stops you from scaling your footage until it's only a tiny speck surrounded by sand. Otherwise if you really want to have it ultra realistic you have to re-create the whole shot as CG animation like they do on movies. There simply is only so much you can do with a drone and some static footage. You could of course try to find matching shots of a desert or create them yourself. Just as much as this is a compositing problem, this is also a problem of planning your shots and gathering the necessary footage.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Millenium, I just received the footage from the director.

Let me be clear now with what i see with the footage.

what I meant is that a drone is flying out of the stadium into the sky revealing the stadium's exterior as the shot gets wider in a 45 degree angle.

All they need is to remove the exterior which is mostly trees and highways and replace them with a packed city.

I need to place the city around this stadium without jeopardizing their original camera movement.

So Szalam, this is what I am exactly looking for

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.

You will want to use a 3d camera tracker of some kind and place 3d models of a city into the scene. If you are mostly just familiar with After Effects, great! There's a 3d camera tracker built into it. I'd probably recommend Video Copilot's Element 3d plugin and their Metropolitan pack for building the city.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would probably use stabilize motion and then select scale and rotation. This should keep the stadium the same size throughout the composition and allow you to create a track matte.  Then it's just a matter of removing the stabilize motion and adding that movement to the track matte layer. I have an animation preset did I created for that exact task that I will happily share with you if you want to try that approach.

This all depends on the footage. Camera tracker may work better, but the only way for me to pick the most efficient solution is to see the footage.

The most important part of any solution is to only work on the frames were you actually have to remove the background. There is no advantage at all to tracking something and creating a mathe for frames you will never use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Mylenium's answer help you? If not, please give us some more information so we can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines