Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 3D in After Effects

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

I downloaded the Star Wars pack, but when I try to open a file all the models look like this.  There isn't any material options for color, rust, etc so what is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details such as where the model pack and its textures are stored. Either your graphics hardware is not configured suitably or you have managed to break the texture paths by messing up the folder hierarchy.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically you don't have a clue to what you are talking about is what you are telling everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can be cranky all day and accuse me of whatever you want, but you simply have not provided any useful info. So pardon me, how the heck do you expect to get answers that solve your issues? The rest is beside the point. For goodness sake, this is a forum, not an interactive live cast of your screen. We don't see what you are actually doing nor what hardware you are working on and misunderstanding things and guesswork are part of the game. If that's not good enough for you, then you might consider moving elsewhere. My relation with E3D clearly is no concern of yours, but I'm sure if you actually bothered, you could easily find out that E3D and I go way, way back...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time you give some answer there is always some snide remark.  I figured Adobe Forums was a place for people to get together to solve problems, not be ridiculed for making simple mistakes.  Next time when you answer a question, do just that.  People on here don't need some remark about being newbies and making mistakes that "experts" like you never do. 

I'm just glad you can be a keyboard warrior behind your screen in your house because I have a feeling if you kept making these kind of remarks in person you would probably be missing teeth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download and install the separate texture files? Did you put them in the right place?  If you're not sure you should contact VC customer support and ask them.  I suspect you wont be getting much more help here

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What hardware do you have?

Did you do anything unusual during install of Element or of that model pack? It seems an awful lot like your textures aren't where the model is expecting it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines