• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A way to know the page order with nothing but the HTML export?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the issue: Say you only have the HTML export of a site created in Muse but not the .muse file itself. How could you get the order of top level pages? Assume the website consists of top level pages only (no child/parent hierarchy).

To recreate the issue, here is what I do:

I create a site in Muse and add a few top level pages, namely A, B, C. Then I change the order of pages by dragging C to the left of B to make the new order A, C, B, and I save the document and take an HTML export. In the HTML export folder, the only files that can tell me the page order seems to be muse_manifest.xml and sitemap.xml. When I check their contents, I see that the file entries corresponding to the pages are not sorted the way I had them when I took the export. They are instead sorted in the order I created them, A, B, C. (By the way, I know index.html cannot be renamed, thus the files are actually named index.html, b.html, c.html).

Does Muse write the updated page order to any document it provides with the HTML export?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

It is not possible to get a structure in html export, except the one which gives the system - alphabetically, by type, by size, by date, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mehmet,

Is there a specific use case for your question. How would this information help you? I can check with the team and let you know.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Preran,

I am working on a digital publication tool (which will help increase usage of Adobe Muse). Pages are not necessarily linked to each other by the publishers. When they are done designing, they take an HTML export and send to me. At that point I need the correct sort order of the pages in order to inject appropriate navigation links to pages.

Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mehmet,

Did you try changing the page and page titles as well by going into the page properties?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ankushr40215001,

I have no control over how publishers would like to name their pages, titles or filenames. As I said previously, I only have access to HTML export of a site and would like to get the correct page order with whatever is available in the folder. Any solution that involves bringing naming conventions on the publisher's side is ruled out.

Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not possible to get a structure in html export, except the one which gives the system - alphabetically, by type, by size, by date, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines