• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

monitor calibration destroys edits

Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping there's an easy fix but this seems very strange.

I calibrated my monitor yesterday and now ALL of my previous edits, (develop settings), in lightroom are very dark, i.e., underexposed.

My monitor display hasn't changed that much so I'm not sure what to do short of rolling back the computer to pre-calibration. Which seems counter productive.

This includes .cr2, .dng, .tiff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

What calibration device and what were all the settings you used. Could be the initial calibration is corrupted.

You can easily go back to the default monitor profile supplied by the manufacturer or to the sRGB profile and test then reinstate your custom profile. Or you could Re-calibrate to create a second custom profile using some different settings in the calibration software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What calibration device and what were all the settings you used. Could be the initial calibration is corrupted.

You can easily go back to the default monitor profile supplied by the manufacturer or to the sRGB profile and test then reinstate your custom profile. Or you could Re-calibrate to create a second custom profile using some different settings in the calibration software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Colormunki Smile. No settings to choose. I've been using this calibration device for quite awhile with no issues.

I think your advice is probably the best approach.

I was just hoping there was an easy button to make all the problems go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't we all wish there was an Easy Button for every problem, in life and software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

phil_1  wrote

Using Colormunki Smile. No settings to choose. I've been using this calibration device for quite awhile with no issues.

The Colormunki Smile doesn't calibrate the display's Luminace level, which you will need to do manually using the Brightness control on the monitor. If nothing else changed before the most recent calibration your darker profile indicates something is wrong with the calibration puck or monitor software. I suggest downloading and installing the latest version of the software...even if that's what you already have installed.

Software Downloads (3 Items)VersionPrevious VersionRelease Date
ColorMunki Smile1.0.21.0 Win, 1.0.1 Mac

8/25/2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Trshaner, when I went to calibrate I got "An update is available" so I downloaded it and I think the CMS update is the problem. I rolled back to Adobe Srgb color profile and everything is back to normal.

Thanks All.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines