• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut Align panel seems impossible

Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried to assign a keyboard shortcut to show/hide the Align panel but to no avail.

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 14.38.54.png

Also tried but failed:

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 15.00.50.png

After every try I saved the .txt document, quit and restarted AE.

Any helpful feedback will be kindly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am guessing you have already seen this post: Modify keyboard shortcuts in After Effects And that is what has led you to this stage where you have opened the text file.

Just follow this tutorial video which provides you with a script that makes it easier to change these keyboard shortcuts, something I think Adobe should include into their software rather than making users edit a text file: After Effects Tutorial: Custom Keyboard Shortcuts - YouTube

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, Draceon.

That's correct. Modify keyboard shortcuts in After Effects  doesn't have the answer(s) I'm looking for.

Will look into the script and let you know if it works for me.

"..something I think Adobe should include into their software rather than making users edit a text file.."

Good point. When I first came across this I thought it was a little bit odd. I did expect AE to have a similar user friendly keyboard shortcuts interface as Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my original post I wrote: After every try I saved the .txt document, quit and restarted AE.

By "try" I mean adding a nonexistent combination. And by nonexistent I mean a combination that is not already in use for an existing command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines