• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suppressing an OAM file from 'Publish Online' PDF

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project that requires an OAM file (animation) to be placed above static content. I want the animation to fade out revealing the content below. This works as expected except I want the downloadable PDF to be just the static content layer, not the animation layer. I understand that I can chose to 'not include' the animation if it is generated within InDesign, but I can't see a way to suppress a specific layer so that it doesn't appear in the PDF (thus obscuring the content underneath). Is this even possible?

Here is a quick test I put together...

https://indd.adobe.com/view/85fa2abd-f46e-43d9-846c-dd959e83ad60

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

I'm a little loopy due to pain meds, but this should work..

Position that text ABOVE the OAM which with a white bkg, and then set it to fade in using ID's built-in animation controls (Animation panel) and then with a delay (Timing panel) which is the length of time for the OAM.

The PDF will be created from the final appearance of the page which won't show the OAM.

Meanwhile I'm curious as to why an OAM (from Animate?). What are you using that is special from Animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting that layer to non-printing. I’m not sure if it will work or not but it won’t take long to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that, Bob, without success. The animation no longer loads. Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create the PDF separately and post a link to it in the Publish Online document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good suggestion! Thanks, Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little loopy due to pain meds, but this should work..

Position that text ABOVE the OAM which with a white bkg, and then set it to fade in using ID's built-in animation controls (Animation panel) and then with a delay (Timing panel) which is the length of time for the OAM.

The PDF will be created from the final appearance of the page which won't show the OAM.

Meanwhile I'm curious as to why an OAM (from Animate?). What are you using that is special from Animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome solution, Sandee, thanks!! (That's pretty creative thinking considering you are on pain meds, ha!)

The OAM file was created in Hype and is quite a bit more complicated than the sample I'm showing. And far more complicated than I could create in InDesign using the built in animation tools.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/63ebac31-6512-479c-918a-d188a5c7da3d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the kind words. I love it when I can come up with a solution. My slogan is "There's always a solution."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines