Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Superman intro echo problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

How do I make the echo animation slowe just like the Superman intro from 1978?

4fcd930756006decd3ff4d23fce9dbcd.gif

5a241d4294a512b7ce7e80bb4f9ae5bb.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You create your artwork, animate the position in Z or scale, pre-compose, then apply the echo effect to the pre-comp and adjust the parameters. Making the layer 3D and animating the Z position will give you the best look.

I suggest that you type Echo Effect in the Search Help field and check out the community resources for details on how to use the effect. It takes a bit of fiddling around to get the look you want and the adjustments for this kind of effect are very small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick!

Sorry for stupid question but I've only got one layer isnt pre-comp for multiple layers?

aa274a06bf9a0a705361ec6432a8f972.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pre-composing structures the AE render pipeline and doesn't just serve as a means of grouping items. Effects like Echo may require pre-composing since they require multiple pixel buffers to be accumulated and pre-composing your animation does just that. It's basically like the effect saying "What does the rendered/ flattened result look like on frame X? Can I have it please?!" as opposed to requesting native transform values or some such thing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines