• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is my computer fast enough for premiere pro

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have an asus m32dc desktop computer I currently use to edit videos is GoPro studio. I'm looking to start using premiere but not sure if my computer can handle it. Just looking for tips on what changes I would need to make and what version of pro I should get. I'm running windows 10 with intel core i5-6400 @ 2.7 ghz And 8gb of ram. Let me know what other specs you need. Someone suggested going back to windows 7 stating it runs smoother, so any opinions on that are welcome. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to hardware forum for expert advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertb28145565  wrote

what version of pro I should get.

Adobe only has one version available now:  CC.

robertb28145565  wrote

8gb of ram.

How much more RAM can be added? 8GB isn't enough.

How many, what kind,and what size hard drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add 8 more gb. I have two hard drives but I'll have to check what type they are. And I was considering buying an older version off amazon, that's why I asked which one. or should I like into premiere elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 was the last version that you can buy a perpetual license from Adobe.  It now is now four years old and that Adobe brought out the rental version CC which the later versions now support newer media.  

The only problem with the CC version is once you quit paying your CC version will not be operation

So it depends on what media you are using and exporting to if you were able to buy a copy of CS6, there are a few copies still around but you will get no Adobe support on CS6.

On the disk drives especially with GoPro you probably will need to upgrade to SSD's if you motherboard supports SATA III 6Gbits/sec and or if you have USB 3 ports available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just doing some reading and I guess I was confused on what I need. I'm no pro at editing so I'll be going with elements. Does that lower requirements? And while I appreciate the tip to upgrade to ssd's, I have no idea what that means. I tried to attach a picture of my specs but can't attach it to this message board from my phone. i can email it to you if that helps. Sorry I'm just really out of my league when it comes to computer specs. And I put wrong model. It's asus mc32cd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That probably is a good place to start with Elements if it will handle your footage.  Go to the Elements forum and find out.  I have seen many suggestions to convert to Cineform before editing with your Studio software.

I looked at your mc32cd ASUS and found it has USB3 and a 3.1 port.  If you find your hard disk drives to be to slow you can use a Portable SSD like a Samsung T3 plugged into those ports and you should see results like this from it

That CrystalDiskMark tool works good on SSD's but when you get to hard disk drives you have to use a different tool because as your hard disk drives get full they slow down significantly.  See below on a 2 TB 7200 rpm typical drive the read rate with HDTune.

Seagate 2 TB Read.jpg

If any of your hard disk drives are 5400 rpm forget about using them for video editing

I looked at your computer and its i5-6400 processor, it is a 4-core processor but you do not have hyperthreading available which would be very helpful.  If you really get into editing that computer could easily be upgraded to an i7 processor which with 4-cores and hyperthreading would double the CPU power.  You would just have to take it into a good computer shop and they could do it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines