• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image info.

Participant ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened an image in onr document. I made my changes to it. Then created a new a4 document and dragged  the edited image onto it. Now in the newly created doc i want to check the size of my edited image. But when i open image size menu i get info on the a4 doc only.

How do i get the info of the image in the new document? Is there links etc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

When you drag in an image into a document you drag in all the image pixels from the source document into the document you dragged them into.  A document has but one resolution.  Often if not always you will find you need to transform the new layer  so the image scales are matched to one. Even when  both document have the same resolution.   The image were most like shot with a difference in lens focal length or shot at different distance to subject the two image are not the same scale .  Best to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image size deals with the documents Canvas size. If you want the size of the image layer you dragged in you need to use a tool that deals with a layer like transform.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i use ctrl T, will i get image info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mibcd  wrote

So if i use ctrl T, will i get image info?

Yes - you will get the info for the image selected to transform (which in the case you describe will be the image you dragged into that layer)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the layer in which you pasted your image and, with the move tool selected and show transform Controls ticked - click on the bounding box  then look in the options bar for the Width and Height.

If you want to change the units right click on one of them and choose

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot find the resolution....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size in pixels for that layer  is in the options bar

Resolution (ppi) is set at your document level (so is seen in Image Size) and is only used when you come to print, and for calculating the size in inches/cm for the rulers and any size boxes if you choose to display the size that way rather than pixels.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you drag in an image into a document you drag in all the image pixels from the source document into the document you dragged them into.  A document has but one resolution.  Often if not always you will find you need to transform the new layer  so the image scales are matched to one. Even when  both document have the same resolution.   The image were most like shot with a difference in lens focal length or shot at different distance to subject the two image are not the same scale .  Best to use smart object layer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines