• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

making a question and answer page

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would like to put up pages of question and answers that would tell the person how many they received correct after completing the page

rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

You will need to create the wrong.htm and correct.htm files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of sophisticated ways to do this. But judging from your question, this will be above your head. Have a look at this simple example to start you off Creating questions and answers forms for your web pages

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i am over my head, ask about pistols rifle, tanks and i can take them apart and repair them with my eyes closed. I followed your instructions but still having problems when i submit i get "DREAMWEAVER COULD NOT FIND THE FILE://E:CHRISTISALIVE.NET/WRONG. HTM" TO LOAD

Could you help

Rick

[email address removed by Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to create the wrong.htm and correct.htm files.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DREAMWEAVER COULD NOT FIND THE FILE://E:CHRISTISALIVE.NET/WRONG. HTM

In the above, is everything really capitalized and are your files capitalized? Is there really a space between WRONG. and HTM?

These are the kinds of details you need to pay attention to to solve such issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this exam is important & you need a secure system to prevent cheating, the process is much more complex.  Among other things, it would require a secure log-in system, PHP session variables and the ability to randomize questions and hide test answers from view with server-side scripts.  

On the other hand, if this is just for fun, client side code will do what you want very nicely.   There are some steps involved but it's not rocket science.

Below is a working example of an interactive multiple choice quiz made with  Bootstrap, CSS & jQuery code. Try it out.  View source to see the code.   Interactive Exam Multiple Choice

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got 100%

key: ["2","1","2","2","2","2","1","1","2","3"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course you did.  Like I said, it's not supposed to be secure.  It's just for fun!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rickjanbrown  wrote

would like to put up pages of question and answers that would tell the person how many they received correct after completing the page

rick

Oh by the way javascript method is not worth the paper it's wriiten on - anyone can look at the source code and see the answer Both Ben and Rob know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines