• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Scale Mode width dropdown shows wrong units

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an example, when you first open the Transform/Scale dialog the units in the width field is set to inches.   If you change the units to pixels, do a scale change, then try to change the units back to inches the following glitch will show up.  Clicking “inches" will set “Centimeters”.  You have to click the second “pixels” to get “inches"  Not a big problem once I realized what was happening.

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 11.56.44 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

I also see this on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 with photoshop CC 2017.0.1

Haven't been able to replicate on a win 10 system with same version of photoshop.

You can report the issue over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

ru.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens on two different machines and can be replicated 100% of the time.   Did you try to see if you could replicate the issue?  Photoshop 2017.0.1   OS X 10.11.6.   BTW I did reset the workspace on one computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a specific workspace you are using?

I using the exact same specs as you and have no problem.

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 2.33.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 2.34.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 2.35.07 PM.png

I have experienced  this issue with some drop downs in Dreamweaver in the past. Reseting or changing Workspaces has always corrected it in DW anyways. I have never experienced that in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored to the Default workspace after you suggested it and it still does it.  I looks ok when you first use the dropdown but if you switch it a couple times without exiting the tool the odd dropdown shows up.  I had a specific reason to switch back and forth between pixels and inches during the use of the Transform/Scale  without exiting and this  CONSTSTIENTLY showed up.  Clicking the second PIXEL would choose inches, clicking on INCHES would choose centimeters and on down the list.  The list was "offset".   Also, this exact behavior is on two machines.  A 2012 iMac was just reformatted and restored not to long ago and the other is my 2015 iMac.  Both machines running OS X 10.11.6.   Thanks for you interest in this.  I use Lightroom for 98% of my work and will probably not be doing anything that needs the multiple unit switching in transform again.  I seems to work ok the FIRST time you enter the tool and switch units.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also see this on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 with photoshop CC 2017.0.1

Haven't been able to replicate on a win 10 system with same version of photoshop.

You can report the issue over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

ru.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming this issue so I know it is not my system/setup.  I would make a bug report at "photoshop_family" but considering Adobes bug fixing record it is a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob
I just tried to replicate this and couldn't get it to happen I am using CC2017.0.1 on Windows 10 - are you using the same?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 2017.0.1 on OS X 10.11.6 and it happens on two different 27inch iMacs.  Its 100% repeatable.  Its not a big problem once you know its displaying the dropdown incorrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines