• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time lapse photography

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying out some time lapse photography, How do I link the photos into a film in lightroom 6.8.

Is there a preset or App I need, if so where do I find it and how do I load it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

You can't do it natively but there are plugins that will do it for you in Lightroom. One example is here: https://lrtimelapse.com/

If you have Photoshop, it is much easier and will give better results doing it in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom doesn't have that capability. You need a video editing program that has that feature. I have only briefly looked at how to do this using Adobe Premiere Pro, but haven't tried it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried Prem Pro.  Not much help really.  Movie maker didn't really work that well either, even when I brought the full version. LRTimelapse is great, there is a free version, doesn't have all the full pro stuff.  It still does a great job and works well for those playing the learn.  Works well with Lightroom and works with RAW files.  Thanks for the help and advice guys.  P.S. watch the tutorial to get the best out of LRTimelapse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do it natively but there are plugins that will do it for you in Lightroom. One example is here: https://lrtimelapse.com/

If you have Photoshop, it is much easier and will give better results doing it in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the simplest and cheapest solution, export your images to a folder cropped and sized to the video frame size you need (such as 1920 x 1080 pixels), and bring them into any video program that can process a folder of images into a single video clip. iMovie and Windows Movie Maker can do this, there are time lapse tutorials out there for those applications.

Adobe Premiere and After Effects (and many other video applications) can import an entire folder of still images into a single video clip. If your original images are in raw format, you must export TIFF or JPEG versions of the images to use them as a still sequence in most video editors.

After Effects can work with raw files directly. In After Effects, you can open the first raw frame within Camera Raw and it will update the rest of the frames in the clip. But this can be slow since entire raw files must be processed when you make edits.

LRTimelapse is a great solution if you're going to be doing this a lot. It's not cheap, but it's tightly integrated into Lightroom and can process a folder of Lightroom images (including raw) straight to a time lapse clip without needing any video editing application. LRTimelapse makes it possible to use the Develop controls in Lightroom to animate corrections or effects, such as exposure or color temperature, so that they gradually change across any ranges of frames in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines