• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a "scratch" fade out effect?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looked through most of the animations and can't find one. I'm trying to replicate the fade out effect from this scene in John Wick: John Wick - Club Scene (full scene) HD - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. All I see is a lot of hard cuts and as much as I scrub through the whole 8 minute piece, I can't find anything that would be different or complicated. If there is anything specific, you have to be more precise. Or do you simply mean the subtitles?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, my bad for not making it clear. I'm talking about the specificalized subtitles. At 1:22 in the video, the upcoming three subtitles each have some sort of fade out effect where it sort of looks like it's being scratched/scrubbed away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use anything in AE as a matte for another layer. That is to say, you could animate a black paint streak/scratch on a white background in a precomp and use that as a track matte for your text.

Alternatively, you might be able to use something as simple as a Linear Wipe with the Roughen Edges effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines