Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable Cuda Feature on AE CC2017 with Nvidia M5000M GPU

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm facing issue to enabling GPU on Ray-tracing in AE CC2017. Any idea how to resolve it?

Btw, I have no issue to enable Cuda on my Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Capture.PNG

Nvidia video driver: 375.86-quadro-grid-desktop-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql

GPU: Nivida M5000M

Thanks.

Regards,

KK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

is M5000M different from 5000M? because if it is, M5000M it's not supported by Ae for ray-tracing

After Effects System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

but hold on, why would you want to use the old, obsolete 3D renderer when you can use the much better C4D RENDERER ? you don't need cuda for that because it uses multi-threaded CPU. try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i'm facing the exact same problem, but with a NVIDIA Quadro K2200 graphics card.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

NVIDIA Quadro K2200

Driver version: 375.86

CUDA Cores 640

GPU Memory 4GB GDDR5

Total available graphics memory 20451MB

Memory Interface 128-bit

Memory Bandwidth 80 GB

Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm facing the exact same problem, but with a NVIDIA Quadro K2200 graphics card.

you card is not supported for ray-tracing as well. if you are using CC2017, you can use the C4D Renderer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. I will look into that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is M5000M different from 5000M? because if it is, M5000M it's not supported by Ae for ray-tracing

After Effects System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

but hold on, why would you want to use the old, obsolete 3D renderer when you can use the much better C4D RENDERER ? you don't need cuda for that because it uses multi-threaded CPU. try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roei,

You are right, M5000M is difference with 5000M card.

Seem like my GPU too new and currently AE are not supported. Will take your advice use C4D option, let see how it goes.

Thanks.

Regards,

KK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

is there any update about the support for NVIDIA m5000m?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support is not likely because Adobe is no longer developing CUDA support for AE because NVIDIA changed direction in the middle of their development and it never worked as it should. The new specialized rendering engine is the C4D renderer with will detect your GPU all by it's self and requires no additional settings or switches to be thrown in the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, if you MUST use the ray-traced renderer to create your 3d geometry, there is a box you can tick to use "unsupported" cards. It may work (and it may not), but it's worth a try if you have an NVIDIA card.

enablegpu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble enabling GPU on Ray-tracing in After Effects 2017. I have a Radeon RX 470 GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not be using Ray-traced rendering. Use the C4D renderer instead. It works better and faster on just about any GPU. CUDA is no longer being developed or supported by Adobe. This information is in the feature notes for the last build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

osgonse86  wrote

I'm having trouble enabling GPU on Ray-tracing in After Effects 2017. I have a Radeon RX 470 GPU.

As Rick says, you should use the new C4D Renderer.

This is especially true in your case, because you CANNOT use an AMD card to accelerate the ray-traced renderer. It MUST be an NVIDIA card since it's built on NVIDIA's Optix library. (I'm sure the card-centric nature of the feature is one of many reasons Adobe has abandoned the ray-traced renderer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines