• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only first call to display help works, subsequent calls produce blank html

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp 7 HTML, IE7, and windows 2003. When I make a call to RH_ShowHelp in the javascript library the context sensitive (or main) topic is shown just fine. Once that 2nd html window is open though, any subsequent request to display any help topics results in that 2nd window going blank (title is about:blank, and viewing source shows just <html></html>). If you close the 2nd window between each call it works fine.

Also note that if I try this from my windows XP machine with the same version of IE it works just fine. I think this may have something to do with a security setting in 2003 or something, but it could be a bug in the RH script too. Either way, I'd like to be able to identify the cause and fix it or at least document the cause.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

This is really a developer issue and most of us here are authors. I have experienced something similar in that second calls failed. There is something on that in the Calling WebHelp Using URLs on my site. I don't know if that will help get you on the right track as you are not using that method.

Sorry I cannot help more.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info - it seems like the issue you listed may be related but I can't tell for sure. I was unable to fix my issue though.

Is there a forum for more development related issues for WebHelp that would be a better place to post this type of question?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Regrettably not one that I know of.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp