Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound Cues in Animate

Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm new to Animate but worked in Flash previously. In Flash I used this method, developed by David Stiller, to create cue points in a sound file:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/author_bios/david_stiller.html

Handling audio file cue points in ActionScript 2 and ActionScript 3 | Adobe Developer Connection

It worked very well and I was able to cause events to happen at certain points in the soundtrack.

How would I do that in Animate?

Any  tutorials available on that?

Thanks much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no difference.  you're just creating an array of cue point and then checking for it using a timer instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cuepoint article page has a link for you to download the sample files. Once you do that there are two errors in it. First is that the needed code files are a folder deeper than the FLA is expecting. You could add the path to the ActionScript 3.0 settings, but it's simpler to just move the FLA and mp3 into the AS3 folder.

Once you've done that and you test the FLA, there is another compiler warning. It talks about how the sound complete listener works differently in AS3. I didn't look into where the right place is to add the listener, you can do that! Main thing is that the cue point demo works in Animate.

Here's the link to the demo files:

sound_sync.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Colin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines