• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble opening secure file on e-reader

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to download e-books from Netgalley to my Kobo Touch e-reader. This wasn't a problem before. Now, when I put the file on my e-reader and open it, it says that the file is DRM secured. I've followed every step on the Netgalley and Kobo Help site. I've authorized my computer with my adobe digital ID, I've authorized my e-reader as well. When I download the file, open it with adobe digital (newest version) and drag the file to my e-reader, I get that message when I open the file on my e-reader. I had this earlier in October and tried everything but nothing worked. I thought it was the file. Now, I have the same problem again. I've checked with the publisher and according to them the file is correct. I hope someone can help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajita,

Do you see this error with this specific book only or with all other ebooks?

Would you be able to share a screenshot of the error message you are getting?

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharad,

I got this error with another book as well. This was a few months ago and after unsuccessfully trying to fix it, I gave up, thinking it was that file only, but now I have it with this one as well.

I've included a picture of the message I get on my e-reader. It's in Dutch and it says that the file is protected by Adobe Digital Rights and is not available with my Adobe ID. They suggest me to log in with an authorized ID and try again (which I have done numerous times). I've contacted the publisher and Kobo before but they can't help me with this. The publisher said there was nothing wrong with the file on their end.

Kind regards,

Ajita Ramautar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check which ID you have used to sign in to Kobo and which one have you used to sign in to Adobe Digital Editions.

It seems that somehow, the Vendor ID/Adobe ID that you have used is not the one that is tied to allow you access to the book with which you are facing this issue. So, try signing in to both using the same ID and then check.

P.S. It seems that you missed out adding the screenshot your were referring to in your last message.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Both my Digital Editions and my Kobo e-reader are authorized with the same ID (ajita_ramautar@hotmail.com). I've checked. But when I wanted to add the Netgalley file to my e-reader this time it wouldn't let me copy the file. This hasn't happened before.

Also strange, I did add the photo of the message on my e-reader. I checked in my send items box. I've added the picture again. Hopefully you'll properly receive it this time.

Kind regards,

Ajita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried again but it another ID (ajitaramautar@gmail.com). I authorized both my Digital Editions and my e-reader with that ID and now it was possible to copy the file to my e-reader. However, when I opened the file on my e-reader I got the same message again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharad,

I replied to your last message last week but I didn't get a reply. Perhaps something went wrong.

I wrote that I tried to put the file on my e-reader by using the same ID for both my Digital Editions and my e-reader (ajitaramautar@gmail.com). However, when I opened the file on my e-reader I got the same message again.

In my last message, I had included the photo of the message on my e-reader. I checked in my send items box. Something must've gone wrong. I've added the picture again.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Ajita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ajita,

I have sent you an email. Please respond back to the email so that we can look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines