• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No extensions in CC 2017

Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see an Extensions entry under Windows menu. Neither in Mac OS X Sierra nor Windows 10.

Why?

I tried uninstalling, cleaning, reinstalling. No show.

I tried uninstalling all previous extensions. No show when I tried to Browse Add-Ons and install a new one.

Related to wanting to see extensions:

I have been researching how to develop a new plug-in, but the Adobe Extension Builder 3 seems to have stopped at CC 2014. Using it with Eclipse for writing html-ish code has brick walls to hit when it comes to CC 2017. The forum comments are few and far-between and thin, too. The old Configurator stuff is not allowed anymore because it was Flash-based.

Can anyone steer me out of this dead-end? What tools work? Is InDesign CC 2017 unable to do plug-ins?

Mike Witherell in Maryland

Mike Witherell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Hi Michael,

here is more to read:

Marc Autret

Indiscripts :: “HTML Panels Development,” the Path to CC Extensions

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a developer so I can't speak to the details of this. But I believe with CC 2014, the Extensions panel was replaced with Add-ons. In James Wamser's InDesign New Features document, I see these entries:

InDesign CC (June 17, 2013):

Adobe Exchange panel

The new Adobe Exchange panel is now an in-app experience for you to explore and discover content, plug-ins, and scripts that you can purchase or download for free. Replaced by Adobe Add-ons: (see Page 78) in InDesign CC (2014).

InDesign CC 2014 (June 18, 2014):

Adobe Add-ons

Under the Window menu, you can now choose Browse Add-ons. This feature takes you to a new Adobe Add-ons

page of the creative.adobe.com website to let you find, install, and remove InDesign plug-ins and extensions of

InDesign.

https://creative.adobe.com/addons

InDesignSecrets.com has an Add-ons forum which might have more information:

https://indesignsecrets.com/forum/indesign-add-ons-scripts-scripting-and-plug-ins

I remember seeing mention of this during prerelease, but most of it went over my head.

Steve

n InDesign CC (2014).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I am in nearly over my head, but I had managed to make 3 plugins under the old way of doing it. But Flash / Configurator suddenly died, and now the same processes are being coded in HTML5 plus the same ExtendScript javascripting underneath. Plugins are now called Add ons. Fine. I am in search of the tools to convert my buttons to an acceptable format for CC 2017.

From what I am reading, you take the same extensible InDesign commands and wrap them up in a new garment made out of HTML code instead of the older Flash code. But I am not reading much. The few tools from 2014 appear to be not current with CC 2017.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

here is more to read:

Marc Autret

Indiscripts :: “HTML Panels Development,” the Path to CC Extensions

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Uwe,

This looks nearly exactly what I need to read. Many thanks again!

Mike Witherell in Maryland

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines