• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo missing in LR but is not missing in catalog

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my photos is suddently missing in LR. I can see it in pathfinder, so it is still on the HDD. If I try to import it into LR, I get a message saying that the photo is allready in the catalog.

I've tried to restart the computer and to test the integrety og the catalog, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions on how to get the photo back in LR with the adjustemenst I've made to it as I've spent a lot of time getting it just right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Here are the steps to follow to find this photo in Lightroom. Please do ALL of these, in order

1. Click on All Photographs (it's on the left under Catalog)
  2. Turn off filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
  3. Expand all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
  4. Search for the file by name using the Filter Bar (set the dropdown to File Name, then type the file name into the text box)

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If LR says it's there, then it's probably there. You can search for it by name. In grid mode for All Photographs, type '\' to bring up the filter bar, click 'Text' at the top, and have the fields say "filename' 'contains all' and your tilename in the search field.That should find the missing photo. Then you can right-click on it (ctrl-click on Mac) and choose 'Go to Folder in Library' to show you where it is.

Note: you might have to issue the menu command "Photo->Stacking->Expand all Stacks" for the image to be found.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon -> There is no thumbnail to click - the photo is gone completely.

Hal -> I've tried doing a search with no result. I hadn't thought of the photo-stacking, but that didn't helt either. The photo is still on the HDD, but I can no longer see it in the import-view in LR.... Strange. 

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the steps to follow to find this photo in Lightroom. Please do ALL of these, in order

1. Click on All Photographs (it's on the left under Catalog)
  2. Turn off filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
  3. Expand all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
  4. Search for the file by name using the Filter Bar (set the dropdown to File Name, then type the file name into the text box)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That helped!  Thanks for being so patient with me - your very detailed description helped.  I'm not sure what was wrong, but I suspect I've had som filter turned on as the Ctr.L - part was the only thing I hadn't done.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the thumbnail has an explanation mark, click the explanation mark and click locate. You then need to navigate to the folder containing your image. You can choose to locate a single photo or batches of photos with a nearest match.

See if this video helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oQMNy0PVE0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem description indicates you have accidentally imported the photo using COPY and now Lightroom thinks the photo is in a different folder than you think it is in. Follow the suggestions given by Hal to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige -> I've had the photo in LR for a couple of weeks now - the problem didn't occour until now.  Also there is no thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines