• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File or map signed with damaged certificate by Adobe.Is this harmful?What to do?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Concerns 12'notebook with Windows10.Over 5 years old,rather limited processing.

Recently I upgraded Adobe Flashplayer.Shortly after I scanned with AVG.

I got a message.There was a file or map signed with a damaged certificate by Adobe.AVG22-2-2.JPG

It was clean though AVG advised to remove Adobe and do another download.

After I had done I scanned again and I got the same message,though another file.

AVG24-2-2.JPG

Does anyone know about?Could anyone or any organisation abuse this for installing any kind of malware?

Is it necessary to do something.

I am not 100% sure it's due to the Flashplayer.The first message was just short after an upgrade of the flashplayer,

then I removed and did another official download from Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

clear your cache and rescan.

or install cacheviewer or some other cache viewing plugiun and check your cache first if you want to see what's there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clear your cache and rescan.

or install cacheviewer or some other cache viewing plugiun and check your cache first if you want to see what's there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try,but first I have to find out how to do.Doesn't it damage other functioning?Is it only some kind of temporarily file?Probably a standard operation with CCleaner is sufficient?

There is indeed a cache reference in the file.I removed flashplayer,but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out how to clear the memory in browser Firefox and updated Ccleaner.So I'll try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your screenshot doesn't show flash player.  it shows files in your firefox cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a correctbutton to mark as you asked.Seems the moderating team has already done so.Your information seems correct.Found easily information about cacheviewers and cleaners.

Did so with Ccleaner as I used to.With the viewer I saw only a limited score of new developed files in the cache.

The scan with AVG mentioned no warnings.

I wonder why those files recently became so sticky and whether they are potentially harmful or not.

Since I am near the end of my term with AVG,I sometimes think they just pick up some things,to convince me of their usefulness.

Anyhow,the problem has been solved for the time being.

Thanks

HL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines