Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying between images

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop.jpg

I'm not too much of a fan with Photoshop CC2017 when copying layers from one image to another.

In this example, with the left hand image 'active', clicking on a layer & dragging it right hand image works OK, but gets a bit fiddly when trying  to move, for example, the numbers in the blue discs.  If I highlight the layer that I want in the Layers Panel, I still have to exactly hover over the number to copy it or I would get either the background layer (map) of the blue disc.

Whereas, in Photoshop CS6 copying layers could be done by either right mouse clicking over the image to select either the number or blue disc & simply drag it across with mouse pointer anywhere on the LH image to the right hand image.  Highlighting the layer in the Layers Panel would achieve the same effect.  The advantage of CS6 is that if you wanted to make several copies of the same layer, this could be done by simply going back to the left hand image & repeating  the process again.

Is there a way that the methodology for highlighting the individual layer can be changed from CC20-17 to CS6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

I still have to exactly hover over the number to copy it or I would get either the background layer (map) of the blue disc.

Turn off Auto-Select Layer in the top left hand corner of your screen shot and try again.

Better?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have to exactly hover over the number to copy it or I would get either the background layer (map) of the blue disc.

Turn off Auto-Select Layer in the top left hand corner of your screen shot and try again.

Better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'd hoped it would be somethings quite simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And it was, Wight-Walker! I actually love the feature, because Photoshop will automatically select whatever layer you click on without you having to worry about which one it is. But that's exactly what was causing the issue for you. I usually flip it off and on as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines