• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling PS CS5 in Windows 10?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my laptop to a new Dell Precision 5520 and transferred files and programs from the old laptop to the new.  My PS CS5 came over but doesn't work - I tried to uninstall so I could reinstall from the DVD, but I know now that CS5 it is not supported by Windows 10, so I tried to just uninstall it but it won't allow me to do so.  I did check to 'remove all preferences, but still doesn't work.  The error message suggests using Adobe Cleaner but when I click the link, the page is no longer to be found?

Any suggestions on how I can uninstall this from Windows 10 without having to do a Recovery to delete all apps keeping my files and folders?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

This page has a working link to the cleaner tool, as well as removal instructions for CS5. Keeping in mind that Windows 10 wasn't out when CS5 was current, you will want to adapt the Windows instructions to Win 10. Come back and ask if you aren't sure.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page has a working link to the cleaner tool, as well as removal instructions for CS5. Keeping in mind that Windows 10 wasn't out when CS5 was current, you will want to adapt the Windows instructions to Win 10. Come back and ask if you aren't sure.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I recently got this message when trying to uninstall a Nikon

software. am getting a

Message saying "the InstallScript engine is missing from this machine

If available, please run ISScript.msi or contact your support personnel

What happened is The Dell sales rep suggested PC Mover Pro to move

everything from my old machine to the new one. What happened is

a lot of software only came over in portions so I am uninstalling them

Sent from my iPhone

Dennis Deacon

[This is a public forum. Personal information removed by moderator for your protection].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I recently got this message when trying to uninstall a Nikon software.

So this about uninstalling Nikon software and not Adobe Photoshop? In that case, it would make sense to post on the Nikon forum, if they have one, or reach out to them directly if the following links don't help.

Uninstalling ViewNX-i | ViewNX-i Help | Nikon

http://cdn-10.nikon-cdn.com/pdf/uninstall.pdf

Not able to uninstall Nikon Scan 4.0.3 software - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No my initial post is about uninstalling PS CS5 - i was only giving an example of other programs I need to uninstall and the message I get

Lets focus on the PE CS5

Sent from my iPhone

Dennis Deacon

Sales Executive - National Sales

[This is a public forum. Personal information removed by moderator for your protection].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case, work your way through my first response.

And please note that this is a public forum—it's not a good idea to post your personal contact information publicly. Before responding again, please be sure to remove your signature so that you won't be receiving unwanted emails and phone calls from the world at large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines