Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Refreshed Disabled" all the time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm using After Effects CC 2017, but I was using CC 2015 when the problem first appeared (tried to download a previous and a newer version, the problem persisted on both). Here is what happened:

.I opened the project. I see the message "Refresh Disabled (Release Caps Lock to refresh the view)" with the black screen, but Caps Lock is ALREADY released. I didn't even pressed it in the first time.

.When the video is rendered, the message doesn't appears.

.If I change anything, like just move one layer a little, the message comes back.

.Any key I press make the message disappears.

I tried to reset my configurations, with no success.

Trying to finish a project but it's impossible this way. Any of you guys could help me? I'm using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Sierra, 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Well, finally have a solution: Adobe CC cleaner and installed ALL apps again. Thanks so much for the help, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember seeing someone else with this issue.  I do not remember if it was a bug or what.

Do you have an extra keyboard lying around that you can try?  Just to make sure the problems not coming from there?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connected an extra keyboard and the problem is still here 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having this same issue in other projects? In a new project?

If so, I'd try trashing your preferences - still having the issue? (Since you were first having it in 2015.3, if you upgraded and had chosen the option to import your prefs from the previous version, it could have brought this issue with it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched the forums and found a few instances of this going back a few years.  There are no solutions on any of the threads.  One even has a staff member suggesting to "turn off caps locks".  When the poster replied that it was turned off, the staff member never replied back..nice.  You might consider contacting adobe telephone support.  They can take remote control of your system and try to figure out whats happening.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake...It was the poster who never replied to the Adobe staff member, NOT the other way around as I previously stated.  Apologies to the Adobe staff.  ughhh, that hurt.

Anyway smobody commented on the thread and said what worked for them.

Caps Lock error message

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I have solved the problem by connecting an external keyboard and reconnecting it on my MacBook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, finally have a solution: Adobe CC cleaner and installed ALL apps again. Thanks so much for the help, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting what worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, you solved the problem, and without asking what computer, processor, harddrive, inches per squarecentimeter on our screen, post code, or what ever people normaly ask, but never solved a problem. 
I hope you wear a cape. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also came up with another solution, I am using my mackbook pro with a screen and another keyboard. I didn't realized I had my Caps locked on my original keyboard not my secondary. If i released my caps on my original keyboard the message  ¨Refreshed Disabled....¨ disappears,  HOPE IT ALSO WORKS FOR YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was also the issue for me! 

Its an OSX issue rather than an AFX issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to uninstall everything! Thank you so much for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I use a separate keyboard connected to my Macbook, and I didn't realize Caps Lock was activated on my laptop. I was dreading the idea of uninstalling, I'm so glad you posted this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you saved my day! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!
Same issue over here, feel kind of stupid now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG that's my problem too! My cat walked over the original keyboard and pushed the capslock. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just save my day, I was going crazy. THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**saved** sorry for the typo 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I NEVER would have thought of this as the problem! LEGEND! Thank you! I was going out of my mind (this exact same setup, and Caps Lock was indeed on on the laptop's in-built keyboard)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem landed me here as well.  I'm using a secondary keyboard as well, however, my primary MBP 2019 keyboard Caps Lock wasn't on.  Strange thing however, after ensuring both CL's were off, I saved and quit AE2020.  Immediately I saw the CL come on on my secondary keyboard.  Almost as if it was in that state "behind the scenes".  Well turning it off and firing AE back up cleared it.  Hope this adds some benefit to this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS. Using a secondary display and keyboard and caps lock was enabled on the MacBook keyboard (the lid was closed, didn't think the keyboard mattered.) Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i have noticed the odd time that my capslock on/off functions get switched for some unknown reason. And I have to actually turn the capslock ON to get my previews back. Its certainly not an uninstall/reinstall situation but annoying nonetheless. 😮🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esta es la solución! Gracias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines