• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-Ordering Collection Folders?

Participant ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of folders in a collection set in LR 6, that I would like to re-order, beneath each other, in the order that I will use in a talk. I don't to rename the folders, but as they are now showing in alphabetical order, they are out of sequence for my talk.

Can someone advise me if it's possible to re-arrange the order in which they sit beneath each other, without renaming them, or am I asking the impossible?

Thanks for any advice.

Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

"without renaming....impossible?"- yes!

Collections always sort  "Alpha/Numeric"

Keep the names as they are, just insert a number sequence in front of the names (by renaming). They will then sort as you want, the numbers will not be too distracting. And also put (by drag&drop) the 'talk' collections in a Collection Set.

Quote "I don't to rename the folders,"

Note: this is NOT renaming the folders where the originals are located. This is only renaming the Collections where they appear in the Collecti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"without renaming....impossible?"- yes!

Collections always sort  "Alpha/Numeric"

Keep the names as they are, just insert a number sequence in front of the names (by renaming). They will then sort as you want, the numbers will not be too distracting. And also put (by drag&drop) the 'talk' collections in a Collection Set.

Quote "I don't to rename the folders,"

Note: this is NOT renaming the folders where the originals are located. This is only renaming the Collections where they appear in the Collections Panel of Lightroom.

My Talk Set

01 Zebras

02 Elephants

03 Tigers

04 Antelope

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's perfect! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines