• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AfterEffects Crashing Computer

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot launch After Effects. It gives me the following alert, and my machine stops working:

NVIDIA Ejecting.jpg

[Problem Ejecting NVIDIA Quadro K2100M]

[ The 'NVIDIA Quadro K2100M' device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged.]

I have AE v14.1.0 installed on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1. My machine is a Dell Precision M4800 Core i7 with 16GB of RAM. I have one external monitor, one disk drive and do not work off of an external. I have tried launching the application in multiple ways, mainly right-clicking the program icon > Run with graphics processor > High-Performance NVIDIA Processor [default]. When I try to launch without selecting the processor, I get a black window, no error message, and have to restart the computer. I believe this problem began occurring with the update before January 18th. AfterEffects was working fine before then. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There JuliaK,

Make sure that you install the most recent drivers for your NVIDIA GPU (download them from the NVIDIA site) and then report back with the results.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks for helping. I do have the latest version of the driver installed - R375 U4 (376.62).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JuliaK,

How annoying! It should be working. Tell you what, please chat with our support staff here. Ask for the "Video Queue." They should be able to assist. Let us know what solution that they find for you as it will help many others with your same issue. I hope you have a great evening!

Kind regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julia K,

Circling back. Did you contact our support agents yet? Let us know if you were successful or if you need more help.

Thanks so much!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks for following-up. I haven't had a chance yet. I have a video due COB today, so I've been scrambling to get something out. Thank goodness for Adobe Spark, I think it is going to save the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JuliaK,

Thanks for checking back.

I'm glad that Spark worked, but also sorry you did not get to use After Effects to get your project complete. Please contact our video queue and report back with any solutions that might benefit other users. That is, when you have a moment.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines