Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Rigging caracter, Pivotpoint?

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have done this character that i try to use in a project of mine.

But i have some difficulties that i just can´t figure out if that can be handled as the program works today. I have had this problem with other characters i set up, but that was not so complexed like this one is, had just one body. And that time i felt it worked with just moving the Body pin and character pin down to the feets. But this time it just don´t work and i don´t know if i spend hours and hours on something that not just want work?

I have problems with the pivot for the character, cant find out why it rotate around. The character moves even if i plant the feets when going to animate. And when i have the character in profile the mouth disappear even if it´s there in the layers.

Hope there is some helping answer to get her, i have looked frue ale the tutorials videos i think to see if i have missed something, and tried out different things.

But now i am stuck i think

Best Regards Sara

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 21.42.41.png

Good coffee, Adobe Cloud and an electric guitar love life 😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where have you added your fixed handles - the Kid group, the Body group, or somewhere else? I believe putting them on the body group should keep the puppet fixed to the ground. If not, could you share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you for fast replay. I tried that know, setting fixed handels on the body group down by the feets, and it looked that it helped me out. I thought that you couldn't´t have fixed handels on the body if you wanted to move the legs and feets. Have not seen in a tutorial that you could put it on the hole body group instead, FANTASTIC

But do you also have some thoughts about the mouth problem for the side heads. It disappears even if it is shown with eyes!?

can it be a name problem? I se the had cycle the trigger, but then the moth disappears.

Here is a screen cap:

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 00.19.33.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 00.23.39.png

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, CH is looking for your first head (for the Face behavior) and first mouth group (for the lip sync behavior). If you have multiple views and multiple mouths, you'll either need to tag those as different views (Left Profile, Right Quarter, etc) and/or add additional lip sync behaviors to the extra mouths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super, Thanks!

Then i understand. I now put the normal behavior on the last cycle mouth and then i got the the mouth to show! Yes, thanks! Then it´s bedtime here in Norway, and i can do the last changes tomorrow and start animate! This was nice information! By the way, follow you on the tutorials on youtube, they have really helpt me out, you so a good work!

Her is another thing i did this Christmas, i know it´s far after Christmas..but nice to share i think! I cut up the Santa maskot at home at my parents house and animated it in character animator, so fun to do

Thanks for a good and fun program to work with, looking forward to follow the progress with the software!

Best Regards Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice video! Glad the video tutorials are helpful, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines