• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change and Make Permanent Text Tool Properties next to impossible in Acrobat DC Pro (Mac)

Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to edit Text Tool Properties to make them permanent (make them default) is to click on the "More" button in the properties window (which I call up with command-e). But unless you move that window IMMEDIATELY adjacent to where your mouse is clicking, which is to say next to an existing text, there's no way to select "MORE". If it is farther away MORE will show, but you can't keep the box open long enough to bring the mouse to that spot. This is not the case with any other properties box in other tools, so far as I know, and it seems like really weird behavior. But it's been this way in every edition of Acrobat I've used since v. 9.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing. What text tool are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not: It's impossible to shoot the screen at the same time that the "More" button is visible. To do that I have to type keys on the keyboard; the properties buttons change at that very moment!

Can you not recreate this on your own machine (OS X)?

Perhaps I could shoot a movie continuously? not sure how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen capture.

Screen Recording.mov - Box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, now I understand. I've never used this function (and did not know about the disappearing "More" button). This is how I bring up the Properties dialog:

2017-02-27_19-12-07.png

With the comment pane open on the right side, you can right-click on a comment and then select "Properties". This will bring up the same dialog as the "More" button. You may want to report a bug here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form  - in the bug report, post a link to your movie clip. It helps a lot to actually see what's going on if one is not familiar with this particular behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I forgot about that. The only problem is that this doc has 694 comments, others have far more. The steps needed to get to the properties tab as you do it make this very roundabout, but it is a work-around.

I'll post a bug-report.

Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines