• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2014 is recovering files multiple times?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only started happening about a month ago but for some reason whenever I start up photoshop it always recovers whatever files I had last open twice. It makes my computer lag ALOT when booting up photoshop because of this, as huge files are re-opened twice (I think once it happened three times) and it can take up to 10 minutes for photoshop to start up.

Please help, I have no idea what started this or how to fix it, I've been using CC 2014 for years and this is the first time this problem has ever arisen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Photoshop should not always do that unless Photoshop is always also crashing. If Photoshop not crashed  close all open documents in Photoshop and close down Photoshop.  Find your User ID Photoshop Version recovery folder and make sure it empty it not delete the psb file in it. It should be empty unless there were open changed document in Photoshop and Photoshop crashed.  Or Photoshop us up and the are open changed documents in Photoshop.

For example if you use windows and Photoshop cc 2014 your a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop should not always do that unless Photoshop is always also crashing. If Photoshop not crashed  close all open documents in Photoshop and close down Photoshop.  Find your User ID Photoshop Version recovery folder and make sure it empty it not delete the psb file in it. It should be empty unless there were open changed document in Photoshop and Photoshop crashed.  Or Photoshop us up and the are open changed documents in Photoshop.

For example if you use windows and Photoshop cc 2014 your autorecover folder would be

"C:\Users\Your User ID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\AutoRecover"

Make sure the folder is empty delete all psb file in it.....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm but when I do that it doesn't recover any of my photoshop files at all. I'd still like my files to be recovered, just not twice :c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not seem to understand how autorecovery works that folder is normally empty.  When you start Photoshop when you open a file and make changes to the document after some period of time Photoshop will periodically  save a recovery psb file for the document unsaved changes. Should Photoshop crash before you save the document changes. Photoshop will open the recovery files in the recovery folder  when you start Photoshop so you can recover some of your unsaved changes.  On the other hand if  close the document in Photoshop will delete the recovery file.  Should you save the changes Photoshop will delete the recovery file if you make additional changes  Photoshop will once again start saving a recovery file for the document unsaved changes.  When you close down Photoshop normally Photoshop will closes open document and give you the option to save of not save changes.  When a document is closed by Photoshop if Photoshop has created a recovery file for the document Photoshop will delete the recovery file.  So when Photoshop closes down morally all recovery files will have been deleted by Photoshop.  The Recovery folder will be empty..

If Photoshop Crashes there may be recovery files in the autorecover folder if there are  when you start Photoshop. Photoshop will open the recovery PSB file to help you recover some of your unsaved changes you made. When you save the unsaved changed documents Photoshop will delete their recovery psb file.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines