• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I link a bitmap to an IK stick figure?

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been desperately trying to link my stick figure Armature to a bitmap on another layer.

I can't link them. I tried to convert the bitmap to a graphic symbol and to a movie clip, but when I select the stick figure and select Bone tool, I can't add the picture to the IK chain of the stick figure.

What should I do?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

you can convert your bitmap to a vector (modify>bitmap>trace bitmap), if that helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do the parts of your stick figure consist of movieclips?

if so, copy the bitmap and past it on one of the stick figure part's timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

The stick figure is just a vector that I drew with my tablet. It's one vector, on which I used the bone tool.

I'm just trying to have the bitmap of a human face follow the movement of the neck of my sticky figure. How can I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can convert your bitmap to a vector (modify>bitmap>trace bitmap), if that helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I tried that but it's actually a real photo that I'm using for the face, so it's way too complex.

Basically, I want to modify a vector stick figure on which I used the Bone tool already.
Or maybe find a trick for the photo to "follow" a certain point of the stick figure of its vector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's not too complex to be converted to a vector.  but if you want a lot of detail and your computer lacks the ram needed, it may take longer than you're willing to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines