• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPDs Missing after 2017 Indesign Install -- A Prepress MUST

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had an issue that I thought I would share.. I went to print to my Xitron RIP for the first time after installing Indesign CC 2017.

All my files were printing out in 8.5x11 - when, in fact, the document setting was 22.25 x 17.25.  After finding no results in my search amongst community members I launched an investigation of my own. 

What I found was that despite Adobe telling me it was saving all my presets and settings.. it failed to make a ppd folder in the presets folder.  As soon as I made a presets folder and relaunched Indesign 2017, everything worked properly. 

I found the needed spot to be:   applications > Adobe Indesign 2017 > Presets -- add "PPDs" folder here and place your ppds inside.  Relaunch Indesign 2017 and all will be right with the world again.

Hope this saves others time..

Janet Loper

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks also for mentioning that. That will help many others a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this! You totally saved the day! Cheers! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this! I've been trying for the past hour to figure out how & where to put the PPDs for creating .ps in InDesign CC 2017. It worked perfectly! Such a life saver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was really helpful. It didn't occur to me to make the missing folder and put the PPD in it. Awesome time-saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*** UPDATE NOV 2018 ***

Just ran into this again and this time Adobe created an Alias called "Presets" within the "Presets" folder but did not move my presets over from older versions.   I deleted the shortcut that did not work and replaced it with a copy of my "Presets" from earlier version and Boom!v -- it worked -- This has been going on since Adobe updates in 2017 -- too bad they haven't fixed this bug yet!  Stumps me for a minute each time I upgrade! 

Hope this helps anyone having ppd issues with 2019 install!

Janet Loper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my hero. I've been on the brink of insanity all day as work has been piling up, and no way to print it. (New Year, New Mac, new OS...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, still valid!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello troyb

I have a laserjet print hp 700 M712. When i want to print i can't find the PPD. Where can i find this path in my PC. I use windows 7. Is it at C:Programme Files/adobe/adobe indesign cc 2018/presets or in somewhere else. I hope you help me.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having no issues with my custom list of .joboptions (Adobe PDF presets) in InDesign CC, I tried to export using one of them this morning and they were all gone. All the ones I created from 2015-2018 have disappeared—and there were a lot! I've looked in my user library and searched for .joboptions and nothing. I have the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. Can someone please tell me if there's any hope I can get these back? I don't have another computer that has the Adobe Creative Cloud apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do backup your computer don't you? Get the files from your system backup.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I use Time Machine to back up my files throughout the day on two different external HDs. When I look back at a 2018 backup, I don't see a Library folder under users/[my name]. In the Shared/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ folder there's just an AIR folder. Am I missing something? I was able to find some old .joboptions files from before 2015. It's just odd because it happened all of a sudden. They were all there yesterday. The last time I updated any Creative Cloud apps was on July 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost all settings are stored in your own Library folder, for all apps (that’s Apple’s rules). It’s so important that it’s hidden by default because some people delete what they don’t recognise!  Use Go > Go to folder and type ~/Library  Including the tilde and slash as shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've gone to that hidden Library and the .joboption files are not there. I know it's unusual to get a virus on the Mac OS but could it be a virus that has wiped them out? I always install my security updates. The last one was installed July 22, 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines