• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

which video cards for new laptop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am about to buy a new laptop and wondering about video cards. I have looked at the Adobe specs and none match the 2 graphics cards that have been suggested by the laptop retailers. (they don’t have any that are on the Adobe spec list which I think may be out of date?)

Nvidia® Quadro M1000M with 2GB GDDR5

NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

I use Premier Pro and After Effects for animation/video editing and often use quite a few effects including gaussian blur etc.

Anyone have any thoughts on these cards for what I want to do?

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

On a laptop go with the GeForce GTX cards any day of the week.  The strength of the Quadro generally is the 10-bit output which would be wasted in a laptop application. 

Further the GTX 1060 has 1280 CUDA cores and 6 GB of Video RAM where the Quadro has only 512 CUDA cores and only 2 GB of Video RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnnaG,

I'll move your post to the Hardware forum since you aren't getting much traction here. Please let us know if you need any added assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a laptop go with the GeForce GTX cards any day of the week.  The strength of the Quadro generally is the 10-bit output which would be wasted in a laptop application. 

Further the GTX 1060 has 1280 CUDA cores and 6 GB of Video RAM where the Quadro has only 512 CUDA cores and only 2 GB of Video RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill,

I have just bought the following system and am now immediately regretting it reading your helpful tips.

Precision M5510 Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 (8M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz) 16GB (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 512GB SSD PCIe M.2 15.6" UHD (3840x2160) UltraSharp IGZO Touch Nvidia Quadro M1000M 2GB

I edit wedding films and have started to see problems and realised that Premiere isn't picking up the card. I tried making a folder and adding cuda supported cards but it's still not picking it up. I suppose my question is, can premiere use Quadro M1000M as an acceleration GPU and any idea how I can do this, or do you think I need to upgrade my card after spending €2500 on this laptop only a month ago 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines