• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to save a document from indesign cs6 to pdf but the resolution is really low how is that posible?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save a document from indesign cs6 to pdf but i tried everything to make it high resolution but it doesn't work. The preview is high quality but the pdf document is not. I dont know what else to do anymore. please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings are you using to export your PDF? There are compression settings for PDF output; the resolution of the images in the PDF are determined by these, not by InDesign preview settings.

Screenshot 2017-02-23 09.35.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my settings are the same as your picture but somehow its stil in low resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i meant when i open the pdf preview on my computer its in high resolution, but when i open the pdf its in low resolution. Also its like 465 KB and not even MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What elements are in your document? If there are images are the placed images hi res? What setting are you using for expor High Quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start in InDesign.

1. Select an image
  2. Window > Links
    InDesign CCss_002.png

What is the effective PPI of the images? If you have low-resolution images to start with, it's not going to get better when you create a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And while you are in the Links panel, confirm that your links are up-to-date. If you see yellow or red, then they are modified or missing. If you don't know how to fix that, report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the links are good, nothing is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did make all the images cmyk and the effective dpi is all at 300 or more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "I open the PDF in Preview" what program are you previewing it in? And when you say "but when I open the PDF its in low resolution" what program did you open the PDF in?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also post the InDesign file and the PDF file on a location like Dropbox so we could look at the files if you can share them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry im working for a company and i can't share it , this makes it worse, because i can't find anybody who can help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean the finder preview, and i open it in Acrobat Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you're using "low resolution" to mean "poor quality display", because you're not actually measuring the resolution. So, you need to share what you see. If possible, perhaps you can make a screen shot showing a non-sensitive part of the page, just a detail. And the same thing at good quality. You CANNOT EMAIL a screen shot to the forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also consider that a PDF can look differently when viewed at different zoom magnifications. If something looks bad at full-screen, zoom in and see if it still looks bad. If it looks better close up, it's probably OK if the purpose of the PDF is printing. If it's just for viewing with a screen, that's a different story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines