• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 [Open Recent Files]

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent photos menu does not work for Elements 15.  Once you have filled the maximum photos, newer viewed photos do not get added. Elements 14 works as designed.  I hope that someone at Adobe is working on a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

You could try clearing the pref settings manually. See my blog for instructions:

99jon tech: Photoshop Elements 15 – Open Recently Edited File

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try clearing the pref settings manually. See my blog for instructions:

99jon tech: Photoshop Elements 15 – Open Recently Edited File

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an addendum: besides deleting the file "MachinePrefs.psp" also the file "Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 Prefs.psp" should be deleted.

Deleting only the first file does indeed reset the full "recent photo" capability but then a weird effect will happen: the images in the editor window will look strangely "unsharp" unless shown at 100% pixel size (or 50% or 25%). It's like the view in the FastStone ImageViewer without checking the "smoothing" box. After also resetting the "Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 Prefs.psp" file everything will work correctly .... until the next more than 100 opened image files .

I've created a sub-folder "Old prefs" within the PSE15 editor folder containing the actual "prefs" files after a reset. These two files will be copied into the editor folder for resetting purposes.

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines