• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reinstalling lightroom 6

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many times can I reinstall the same copy of lightroom 6 on the same computer and original hard drive? I have done it twice already, not sure if I can do it again as a reinstall?. My original LR 6 is registered with Adobe.

Thank you for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

If you sign out of the currently installed version of Lightroom 6, using the menu command Help->Sign Out, then you can re-install Lightroom 6 an infinite number of times.

Why do you need to re-install? Re-installing doesn't solve most problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you sign out of the currently installed version of Lightroom 6, using the menu command Help->Sign Out, then you can re-install Lightroom 6 an infinite number of times.

Why do you need to re-install? Re-installing doesn't solve most problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just a beginner. Switch external drives, deleted/moved pics/ folders not using lightroom 6 and the story goes on.  I have a recent second copy (on another mac) that I am I am doing well and no issues. But this first copy is giving me problems, compounded that I am not to bright on the computer.

I am moving all my pics into another drive. Erase the external drive and start again. I hope. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciated. Thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling will not fix these issues. Reinstalling in this case is a waste of time.

If you are moving photos to another drive, you probably want to read Part 2 of this document: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will read the article before deleting or moving. I agree with you. I suspect I will inherit the same issues that happened when I reinstalled the first time.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to say that after reading part 2 I was able to get LR6 back functioning.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to continue using Lightroom 6 but can't reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to continue using Lightroom 6 but can't reinstall it.

By jnnttwil@talktalk.net

What happens when you try to install it? Describe in detail. Is there an error message? What does the error message say, word-for-word, verbatim?

What is your computer's operating system and version NUMBER?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom for some years and bought a DVD of
AdobePhotoshopLightroom6 which is fine for my editing needs. It however
failed to respond so I uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it but
nothing happened and there was no message on the screen. Obviously the DVD
had been rejected. My Operating system is Windows 10. Does this mean I can
no longer use Lightroom and will have to use another editing system? I do
not wish to take out a subscription since Lightroom 6 is adequate for my
needs.

jnnttwil@talktalk.net

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 was not responding so I uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it using the DVD for AdobePhotoshopLightroom 6 which I purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating System: Windows 10.  When I put the DVD in the my desktop nothing happens at all.  There is no message on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to do a fresh install Of Windows 10 And lost Everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@larryh88532813 First, start a new thread, and then PROVIDE DETAILS. Based on what little you wrote, its impossible to say what you need or how we can help. But please, start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens when I put the CD in the computer.  I have windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a possibility that the AutoRun feature isn't working. Using File Explorer, browse the DVD looking for an Install.exe file and if you find it double-click on that file and see if it will execute. Take note that if it does install it will only be Lightroom 6.0. There were 14 updates that were released, but they will not be on DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines