• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop display help. everything is zoomed out.

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6. Works fine on my windows 7 PC. On my Windows 10 PC everything is just very small and zoomed out. Screenshot --> http://prntscr.com/eebwr6

As you can see compared to the taskbar everything is very small. I have had this problem with some other problems but have been able to manually edit the display settings and correct it. However I cannot find it photoshop. This is a 4K laptop, which I suspect may have something todo with the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

gunnerx1337  wrote

This is a 4K laptop, which I suspect may have something todo with the issue.

It certainly does. The high resolution display means the screen pixels are much smaller, in order to cram in that much more of them.

UI scaling for high density displays was introduced in CC 2014. When CS6 was released these displays didn't exist.

The image, however, displays correctly in any case. At 100% one image pixel is mapped to exactly one screen pixel. This is how it has to be. With small screen p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gunnerx1337  wrote

This is a 4K laptop, which I suspect may have something todo with the issue.

It certainly does. The high resolution display means the screen pixels are much smaller, in order to cram in that much more of them.

UI scaling for high density displays was introduced in CC 2014. When CS6 was released these displays didn't exist.

The image, however, displays correctly in any case. At 100% one image pixel is mapped to exactly one screen pixel. This is how it has to be. With small screen pixels, the image gets smaller.

What confuses people is that non-critical, consumer-oriented viewers and browsers scale up automatically when such a display is detected. Photoshop, as a professional-grade application, can't do that. It has to display accurately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. So in reality, theirs nothing I can do to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an unofficial hack floating around, but the downside is that it scales everything, so the image no longer displays accurately.

But no, you need to upgrade Photoshop. The reality of life is that one upgrade often brings others with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines